Joining the military just makes sense for some people, others seem to struggle with the decision. There are many reasons to join the military. I have listed only a few.
Here are 5 reasons I believe joining the military makes sense.
Reason 1 - The Job Market - Although the job market has improved somewhat in the past couple of years, it definitely isn’t what it used to be. What does this mean for you? It means there are going to be many more unemployed individuals looking for a job, many of these job seekers have something you don’t, experience! You will be competing right alongside job applicants with years of experience, who do you think will get hired?
- Solution – Not only is the military hiring but the military is actually increasing its numbers over the next several years. Each branch of the service is hiring more individuals this year than it did last year. No experience is necessary and all entry-level jobs com with great pay and benefits!
Reason 2- Rising Cost of College – College costs are at an all time high right now and continue to climb, which means two things, either you obtain tens of thousands of dollars in student loans to get your degree and start out in a financial hole or you spend the family inheritance to get your degree.
- Solution – The Military’s Tuition assistance program pays up to 100% of the first $4500 each year of your tuition costs while serving on active duty. In addition there is the MGIB and the Post 9/11 G.I Bill for more information follow this link http://www.military.com/education. In addition each service has unique programs to help pay for the costs of education.
Reason 3 - Health Care – The costs of health care have skyrocketed over the past several years making it almost unobtainable for the average American. Having no health care can be very stressful, even more so if you have a family with no coverage.
- Solution - The military has a great health care plan for individuals and families. How about full coverage with little or no costs to service members or their families. Top-notch health care for free, it doesn’t get much better than that.
Reason 4 - You want to own a home someday! - Getting approved for home loans or college tuition has become increasingly harder. Getting approved for other loans, for cars, boats, motorcycles, ect., isn’t much easier these days either.
- Solution - Military service men and women have a unique avenue to obtain home loans through the Veteran’s Administration. Also lenders generally will extend credit to military members for other loans because of the job stability and guaranteed pay the military member has. There are also many other Veteran’s benefits follow this link to learn more about these http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-benefits
Reason 5 - You aren’t getting any younger! – I have heard countless times somebody tell me that they wished they would have joined the military right out of high school. Why? Because they could have retired young.
- Solution – Join Now! – If you enter active duty at the age of 18 you can be retired from the military at age 38. Don’t be one of those people who look back and regret not joining when they were young.
The hardest part is making the decision to join. Once you realize that the military fulfills all your needs and then some, the next step is to contact a recruiter.
We would love to hear about the reason you joined!